23. Januar 2021

Tailed Devil

When I got intersted in woodworking I bought a second hand router. Not a bad one. A twin to Elu Mof 96. That was about 18 years ago. I used it to make a seat for my childrens swing and stored. I didn't like the way it qworked. Than I got into internet fora handtool pages and the tool was called the tailed devil. SooI forgot abut it, but never sold it. Since I had to come back in to handlemaking I had to thickness wooden blanks of 15*15cm or 6"by 6". I know I should plane them. But planing these short  blans  allwys left me with irregular blanks. I talked with Timo and he said you need a router and a router jig. I Said: I have a router and he made me the jig for it.


The blankes were coated in parrafin to protect them from cracking. The router shavings look like good wormy compost.

 

My son wanted to test, too:

The results a pretty ok. The wood is quite strong coloured. I don't get the black black wood any more.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen